Mystic, Connecticut
Well, sorry to be off-line for so long, but sometimes you can't get access and sometimes you can't get your pictures up-loaded. I will try to fill in later (watch this post), but for now, as you can see we are in Mystic, CT and despite nasty storms last night (you KNOW how I hate that thunder!) we had an absolutely gorgeous day today. We started out at Mystic Seaport, a place where they have old ships and shipbuilding going on. Here we are at the entrance:

This is what the old harbor looks like:

Mom always finds flowers, wherever she goes!

Mom and Dad got to go out on an excursion boat in the harbor. Here is the famous bascule (balance) bridge in Mystic:

And here is the railroad bridge further down (it turns around on an axle!):

This is as far as we got out by the "race," or narrows where wind and tide can make it really difficult for sailboats to get in and out:

I didn't get to go on the boat, but I did get my favorite treat, real homemade vanilla ice cream. Yum!

Tomorrow we do a day trip to Newport, RI., weather permitting (more big storms on the horizon, yuck!).
Suzie


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home